Friday, October 10, 2014

QR Code Creator - goo.gl

QR Codes are one of the most useful tools used in classrooms.  You can direct your students to the exact location on the web and not worry if students are following multiple steps to get to a specific page.  It saves so much time when trying to get a large number of views to a certain location on the web.

There are many free and paid websites that can be used to create QR Codes.  I've tried many and have found it easy to use all of them, but it can be tedious when going though multiple presentations and creating individual QR codes for an entire class.

I have been using a Chrome extension for a while now that seems to streamline the process.  I have chosen to use goo.gl

When creating a QR Code it is important to shorten the URL because long web addresses can sometime make reading a QR Code more difficult.  By using goo.gl you are shortening the web address and creating the QR Code in one simple click! Since this extension is easily located with all the other Chrome extensions, I can be on any webpage and click the goo.gl extension.  Instantly the URL is shortened and copied to my clipboard.  By clicking QR Code, a QR Code image instantly appears!  From here, I can quickly paste the QR Code where ever I might need it.


The piece that I truly appreciate is that goo. Gael is also linked to my Google account.  This means I can always go back to my history at goo.gl to see a list of all the QR Codes I have generated.  

There are many options available for shortening an URL and generating a QR Code.  The one I choose to use is goo.gl!  Try it and see if you find it useful as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment