Friday, December 18, 2015

Twitter Challenge

Developing a PLN through Twitter has been an encouraging and validating experience for me.  I am excited by how many educators are willing to share their ideas and connect with others.  I crave learning from other liked minded individuals and inspired.  This PLN I have created keeps me engaged in a wider world of education.

I want to help others grow their PLN.  Earlier this fall, I hosted a Twitter challenge.  The focus was to tell the story of our campus.  It is interesting how so many educators have amazing things happening in their classrooms and never share!

The challenge  about 3 weeks.  The challenges focused on broadening awareness of the campus activities, trying new tools or sharing familiar tools, sharing your voice.  All the tweets had to have either #teamwest or #cmswconnects.  Take a look at the bingo board the educators used:


The challenge included prizes!  Jeans passes were a hit! It was amazing to see individuals really take a leap of faith and try something new.  Many educators have continued to use Twitter so share their story.  What a great example to share with learners how to use social media responsibly.


Educators used the app Notability to track their participation and shared their results in the end.  A good number of educators either filled their bingo boards or came very close.  Overall, this was a great experience and I would highly encourage others to use a similar method to dive into tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment