Friday, October 12, 2018

Pictures Tell a Thousand Words

Pictures tell a thousand words.  I love pictures.  A story is more impactful when you have pictures to go with it.  I am frequently asked where learners can find images to use with their projects.  Google is so easy, but images we find on Google are not necessarily available for anyone to use.  Copyright and Fair Use is always a part of the conversation.

This week as educator asked me if I could create an infographic for learners to reference when looking for images.  I already had one resource I have used with learners specifically looking at fair use resources.  Here it is...


Here is the infographic I created this week using Google Drawings.  When I was ready to share this file with learners I wanted the links to be clickable.  So, I changed the share settings for the document to "Anyone can view,' but I took it one step further.  When I copied the link I changed the very end portion of the link from "edit" to "preview."  By doing this, when someone accesses the image it will open up on a web browser and look more like a web page rather than a Google Drawings document.  Click the image below to see for yourself...


How are you asking learners to find images for their projects?  How are you modeling digital citizenship with the use of images in your classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment