Thursday, January 17, 2019

Always Searching

When ever I talk to educators and the subject of finding images online to use in a project I always stop and refer them to my "go to" websites to point learners to a place where they can safely find images free of any copyright issues.  I have made so many different visuals for educators to share with learners.  Yet, when I walk in a classroom I see learners using Google Image Search.  Yikes!  Why???  When you are using a desktop or laptop it's so simple to change the the Usage Rights to Labeled for reuse.  It's second nature.  I enter the name of what I'm looking for and my fingers use muscle memory to go to Tools, Usage Rights, Labeled for reuse.  I don't even think about it.  It just happens!

However, when I'm using my iPad I always stumble a few minutes to think about where to go for this same feature since it's not that straightforward.  So, I put together a short video in hopes that this will become part of my new muscle memory!


I hope this helps you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment