Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Take it Away!

I love working with graphics because pictures truly are worth 1000 words.  I love how an images combined with colors can take a lonely document and bring it to life!  It's funny how a few minor changes can make such a big difference.  I remember during one of my classes in graduate school taking the time to talk about design of instructional materials.  Images matter.

One thing that really drives me crazy is when an image is used in a document where there is a background that clearly does not belong.  It could be a piece of clipart that was saved and inserted into a slide show or maybe a flyer hanging on a wall, but I can always see that white background sitting there...watching me...why won't it just go away and put me out of my misery? 

There are so many different tools you can use that with a simple click of a button or swipe the background will disappear forever!  Did you know iWorks has one built in all of the core programs just waiting to be utilized!  With the swipe of a finger you to can have images without disruptive backgrounds.  And with my favorite button of all time, Undo, you never have to worry about going too far!  Check out this video where I demonstrate how to use Instant Alpha while I'm working on a Keynote project...



Try this out the next time you are inserting images in Pages, Numbers, or Keynote!

No comments:

Post a Comment